The way you perceive yourself is created throughout your life by events and circumstances. For example, after I’m finished writing this post I will feel quite impressed with myself. On the other hand, I skipped my workout 3 times in one week, which fills me with disappointment. There are things you can do to give yourself a positive self image.
Having one bad thought to lead to another negative thought and you will be caught in a paralyzing spider web. Unfortunately, the world can be a vicious place. I’ve had criticism thrown at me from every direction once or twice in my life and it can break you down. But we are women and we are strong so here are a few tips that I hope stay with you.
- Write a list of the things you like about yourself. Every time you think of something you like besides your physical appearance (weight, height or hair color), remind yourself that beauty is more than skin-deep. There’s nothing sexier than a woman with a strong sense of self-acceptance, openness and confidence.
- Surround yourself with positive people. it is easier to feel good about yourself and your body when you are around others who are supportive and who recognize the importance of self-acceptance. If you hang out with “friends” who are constantly tearing you down, they are clearly not worth your time.
- Treat yourself to something you enjoy to let your body know how much you love it. Relax outside on a sunny day, write a poem, or take a hot bubble bath. This will allow yourself some “me time”. Do things that you enjoy and are good at. You may discover something about yourself or even a hidden talent, which will take your confidence to another level.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. We all look at Instagram models and celebrities on tv and feel a little self-conscious. But these beautiful bodies weren’t born that way. Everyone has to start somewhere, but anything is possible. Use these photos as motivation. With a little hard work and a lot of dedication, you’ll get there too. The important thing is to always love yourself because it takes a lot of progress to achieve any goal.
- Your past is back there for a reason. Let go of all your failures and fears. Every day is a chance for you to start new. Be grateful! Instead of thinking about the past, think of how amazing your future is going to be. It’s just as important to be in the present as well as making goals and looking forward to your bright future. Forgive yourself and live the life you actually want to live.