Body Weight Challenge | Full Body Exercise Guide
What’s going on guys? I hope you are ready to start the New Year fresh! Maybe you set your New Years resolution to become more active. But realistically, you work 2 jobs or have children that take up 24 hours of the day. I wanted to share my 7 day body weight challenge to get you moving. We are not going to be doing 45 minute advanced workouts. We are taking it back to the basics. This full body exercise guide will help walk you through the circuit.
On day 1, we are doing 7 different exercises for 20-40 seconds each. If you need to rest a few seconds in between, do that. Or maybe you can do more than 40 seconds, do it. Make this workout your own. I hope this at least inspires you to get up and moving.
Maybe you know someone who needs that little extra motivation to make that change. Share this with your friends and family and feel stronger and more energetic together!
1. Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. And find a spot on the wall to stare at to help you keep facing forward throughout the exercise.
2. Clasp your hands together in front of you to help your balance or extend your arms out in front of you.
3. Push your booty toward the floor as if you were trying to sit in a chair.
4. Pressing your body weight into your heels, lower yourself until the back of your thighs are parallel to the floor.
5. Continue to squeeze your muscles and push through your heels until you are back to the starting position.
Lunge W/ A Twist
1. Stand nice and straight with your arms down by your sides.
2. Take a step back with one foot and lower into a reverse lunge.
3. As you lower, twist your torso toward one side and bring yourself back to center.
4. After you have done 20-40 seconds on one side, switch sides!
1. Start with your torso facing a bench. Next, lift your right foot up onto the platform.
2. Push through your right heel and pull your left leg up until it’s parallel to the bench. (You can also just put your left foot up on the bench and then step your feet down)
3. Place your left foot down on the floor first and then step down with your right foot.
4. Repeat this movement for 20-40 seconds and then switch to the left foot.
1. Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
2. Lower yourself down into a slight squat and jump as far as you can to the right. (Using your arms to help propel you laterally)
3. Use your momentum to push yourself toward the other side.
4. Repeat this movement back and forth for 20-40 seconds.
Plank In & Out Jacks
1. Start in a plank position with your shoulders directly over your wrists. Make sure your body is in a straight line from your head to your heels.
2. While keeping your arms stationary, jump your legs out wide. As soon as your toes touch the floor, jump them back to the starting position. Don’ let those hips move around too much and be careful to not lift your booty up too high.
3. Repeat the movement for 20-40 seconds and try to get faster every time!
1. Stand with your arms down by your sides and feet about shoulder width apart.
2. Push your hips back until you are in a squat position.
3. Place your hands on the floor with your shoulders above your wrists.
4. Keep your weight shifted towards your arms as you jump both feet back until you are in a plank.
5. Then jump your feet back up to right outside of your hands.
6. Jump straight up into the air and extended your arms above your head.
7. Repeat the exercise as soon as you land on the floor.
1. Find a chair or bench and place your hands shoulder-width apart on top of it.
2. Lower your body by gently bending your elbows to a 90 degree angle. Keep your back as close to the bench as possible.
3. After you reach the bottom, press into the bench with the palms of your hands & lift yourself up into the starting position.
What is your favorite body weight exercise?
Join in on the Body Weight Blast Challenge so you don’t miss out on Day 2! Don’t forget to share and subscribe.
Peace & Love,