Body Weight Blast Challenge | Legs Exercise Guide
Hello! We have made it to day 5, so here we go. If you haven’t yet, go check out day 1-4. Today’s workout is all about strengthening and toning those legs. Again, we are only doing body weight exercises for this circuit. 20-40 seconds of each exercise and if you can repeat this workout 1-2 more times, you go girl! Now, let’s get started.
1. Stand up straight with your toes pointed out slightly and your feet wider than shoulder-width apart.
2. Drive your hips backward like you are trying to sit in a chair. Keep your chest up, and try to keep your knees from going over your toes.
3. Once you reach the top, squeeze your booty and then slowly lower yourself down.
4. Repeat for 20-40 seconds!
1. Get into that same squat position. Keep your elbows bent and your arms in front of you.
2. Press your feet into the ground, then explode up towards the sky. Use your arms to help push you higher off the ground.
3. Land as soft as you can on your toes and keep repeating the motion for 20-40 seconds.
Reverse Lunge to Curtsy Lunge
1. Find your length again, and stand nice and tall.
2. Step your right leg behind you and lunge.
3. You have options. You can take a step back to center, and then perform a curtsy lunge by crossing your right leg behind your left leg. Or you can go from the reverse lunge position and cross your right leg from there.
4. Repeat one leg for 20-40 seconds and then switch to your left leg.
1. Okay, so stand with your feet shoulder-width apart… again. (Surprise, surprise) You can keep your hands hovering face down near the level of your belly button.
2. Drive one knee up at a time to meet your hands and keep alternating. Make sure to stay on the balls of your feet. And, you know we’re here for 20-40 seconds. Push yourself!
1. Now, we’re taking it down to the floor. Lie with your back on the mat. Bend your knees, but keep your feet flat on the ground.
2. You can place your hands down at your sides with your palms facing the mat.
3. Lift your hips high off the ground and squeeze your booty at the top of the movement.
4. Pause for a second and then lower yourself down to the starting position.
5. Repeat for 20-40 seconds! Don’t worry, we’re almost done.
1. Get in a table top position with your wrists underneath your shoulders and knees under your hips.
2. Flex your right foot and lift your knee up to be in line with your hip. Focus on keeping your right knee bent at a 90 degree angle.
3. Once your reach the top, lower the knee without touching your mat and repeat for 20-40 seconds.
4. Switch legs once the time is up!
1. Stay in that all fours position and keep that neck straight.
2. Raise your right leg out to the side, while keeping your knee bent, until your thigh is in line with your hip.
3. Lower your leg back down slowly to the starting position and keep going for 20-40 seconds.
4. Now, repeat on the left leg and you’re done!
What’s your favorite body weight legs exercise?
Join in on the Body Weight Blast Challenge so you don’t miss out on Day 6! Don’t forget to share and subscribe.
Peace & Love,