Hey foxy ladies! I hope you are ready for another dumbbell shoulder circuit. We are training all 3 deltoid muscles today, so get ready to smash it out. This complete shoulder workout will help give
Hey foxy ladies! I hope you are ready for another dumbbell shoulder circuit. We are training all 3 deltoid muscles today, so get ready to smash it out. This complete shoulder workout will help give you the sexy capped shoulder look you’re wanting. All you’ll need for this workout is a set of dumbbells and a little bit of your time. Who’s ready to get sexy shoulders for summer? I am!
If you enjoy the workout, make sure you head over to my Instagram & YouTube channel because I post workouts and healthy tips over there pretty frequently. Thanks for reading and I hope you add this to your routine this week.
The Sexy Dumbbell Shoulder Workout
Palms In Shoulder Presses 12 reps
Alternating Single Arm Palms In Shoulder Presses 10 reps (each arm)
Lateral Raises w/ Pause 10 reps
Dumbbell Straight-Arm Pullback 12 reps
3 sets of 12
Palms In Shoulder Presses
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Take a dumbbell in each hand with your arms straight down at your sides. And face the palms of your hands facing your body
3. Lift the weights up to about shoulder level with your forearms perpendicular to the floor. This will be your starting position
4. As you exhale, extend the weights above your head. And return to the starting position as you inhale
Alternating Single Arm Palms In Shoulder Presses
1. Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart
2. Take a dumbbell in each hand with your arms down by your sides. Face the palms of your hands facing your body (sound familiar?)
3. Lift both weights up to shoulder level. This is the starting position
4. As you exhale, extend the dumbbell in your left hand over your head while the right dumbbell is still in the starting position
5. Inhale as you bring the left arm down simultaneously lifting up the right weight.
Lateral Raises w/ Pause
1. For your starting position, grab a pair of dumbbells and stand straight and tall with the weights down by your sides
2. Engage your core and keep a slight bend in the elbows as you lift the dumbbells out to your sides. Exhale and extend your arms until they are parallel to the ground
3. Once your arms are parallel to the floor, pause for 3 seconds at the top of the movement
4. Slowing and controlled, lower the weights back down to the starting position as you inhale.
Dumbbell Straight-Arm Pullback
1. Grab a pair of dumbbells in each hand with the palms facing towards the body
2. Stand with your knees bent and feet about shoulder width apart and bend forward until your upper body is basically parallel to the ground
3. Make sure the upper body doesn’t sway as you slowly raise both arms behind you until it is also parallel to the ground. Then pause briefly at the top.
4. Slowly bring down the weights towards the starting position and repeat the movement.
Bonus Tip! If you can’t stay balanced using two dumbbells, just do one arm at a time and use the free hand to rest on the knee to keep you stabilized. Just make sure you do the same amount of reps on the other side!
1. Grab a barbell with your hands positioned more than shoulder-width apart. Stand with your back straight and keep a bend in your elbows with your arms extended down over your thighs
2. Raise your elbows and lift the bar with your shoulders. And really focus on those middle delts as you keep lifting the bar up until it is right below your chin. Make sure you keep your body still. The only movement going on should be your upper body
3. Inhaling, lower the bar down to the starting position in a slow and controlled motion
Bonus Tip! A wide-grip hand position is best for this exercise because it protects your shoulders. It also targets your shoulders more than the neutral grip position.
What is your favorite way to train shoulders?
Don’t forget to share and subscribe.
Peace & Love,