A Complete Leg Workout So this week I had an interesting workout. I had my barbell, booty bands, and ankle weights. Needless to say it had variety. It was a pretty challenging hamstring and
A Complete Leg Workout
So this week I had an interesting workout. I had my barbell, booty bands, and ankle weights. Needless to say it had variety. It was a pretty challenging hamstring and booty focused leg day. I like starting off my workouts with compound movements like squats or in this case deadlifts. I wanted to share this complete leg workout because it kicked my booty.
I don’t train until failure every workout, but I do include finishers. These little puppies push your muscles and mind past the point of fatigue. And this leg workout includes some booty finishers to really set those muscles on fire. If you don’t have any of the equipment I’m using, you can use what you got! Dumbbells, cable machine, a gallon of water, or your bodyweight will work, just get up!
I am currently training my lower body 3 times a week and today was the third leg day (so I had to dig a little deeper). This might seem like a short workout, but if you’re training legs multiple times a week or you’re a beginner, you will feel the fire. Don’t forget to warm up 5-10 minutes before you get started.
1. Place your feet hip-width apart & directly in the center underneath the barbell
2. Inhale as you lower your hips until your shins touch the bar
3. Keep your chest up and your head looking forward as you drive through your heels to move the weight up
4. Bend your hips to lower the bar back down to the floor
1. Get in the starting position with your feet hip distance apart and then take a big step back with your right leg behind you
2. Push your hips back until your knees are bent and then press up to the starting position
3. Complete 12 reps on each leg
1. Start on the floor with your feet pointed out about hip-width apart and your back flat on the floor. You can lower your arms down by your sides
2. Use your glutes to lift your hips up off the ground. And squeeze at the top of the movement
3. Lower yourself back down and repeat for 20 reps
Straight Leg Donkey Kicks
1. Get in a table top position with your wrists underneath your shoulders and knees under your hips
2. Flex your right foot and lift your knee up to be in line with your hip. Focus on keeping your right leg straight as you lift it up
3. Once your reach the top, lower the leg without touching your mat
4. Switch legs once you’ve done 15 reps!
1. Get down on your hands and feet again like the tabletop position
2. Lift your right leg up and out to the right side of your body and touch your toe to the ground
3. Then raise your leg up behind you and lower it to the left side of your body and touch your toe to the ground again. This is one rep
4. Repeat 15 reps and switch to the left leg
Looking for more leg workouts?
Don’t forget to share and subscribe!
Peace & Love,